The Sixers Group is fully committed to keeping your data private and will only use your information for clear and described purposes and in
accordance with your data protection rights.
Who We Are
The Sixers Group are a family run business based on the Isle of Wight. We purchase and sell quality used vehicles and at our workshops, repair,
service and provide MOT’s to our customers
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we do, we will let you know about any material changes that may impact on you by providing a notice on
our website or may contact you directly. If you keep using the Sixers Group after a change, that means you accept this policy
How this Policy Applies
This policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us
What We Collect and Receive
In order to use the service offered by the Sixers Group, we need to collect and process certain information
When filling in an enquiry form on our website:
- Email or Phone Number
- Your enquiry
- Ip address
We use this information to answer your enquiry and any other subsequent information you ask from us. You will not be contacted for any other reason. You can withdraw your consent to us contacting you at any time regarding your enquiry
When Purchasing, Selling or Repairing a Vehicle
- Company Name if you are acting in a commercial capacity
- Phone number
- Email addresses
- Information about your vehicle you sell, purchase, or have serviced, repaired, MoT carried out or any other workshop work carried out by a Sixers Group employee or third party
- Your comments received in relation to a service we have provided
- Credit and anti-fraud information
- If required, information which establishes your identity and proof of address, such as driving licences, passports and utility bills.
- Information about transactions, requests for credit and credit ratings
- Information about activity and interactions with our website and mobile site or app. This may include an IP address, type of browser, and action on the site
We may use this information to
- Process the purchase or sale of your vehicle
- Process the workshop repairs, service, MoT or any other workshop work carried out by a Sixers Group employee or third party
- To provide customer support to you
- To remind you of important dates with regard to your vehicle, such as annual MOT or Service
- To notify you if we receive important information from a vehicle manufacturer regarding your vehicle
- To notify you with updates regarding the status of any products or services you have requested from us, for example, your vehicle is ready to be collected after a repair or service
- Comments received in relation to a service or product we have provided may be used for promotional purposes, for example on our website or advertising material
- Liaise with credit finance companies if you choose financing when purchasing a vehicle
- Liaise with warranty companies if choosing a warranty when purchasing a vehicle or using the warranty when in the workshop
- Liaise with breakdown recovery companies if you request such a service
We may use information for training purposes and when developing our in-house systems and internal processes. This information will only be viewed by approved personnel and no personal information will be copied or shared. If information is printed it will be destroyed.
What lawful grounds do we rely on when we use your personal information?
There are different lawful grounds that we rely on to use your personal information
- Where you contact us, either by phone, mail, email, text message, web message, in person or any other method and you consent to the use of your personal information. This consent may be withdrawn at any time by simply contacting us.
- To use your personal information when it is necessary to perform a contract or contracts that you are a party to, or to take steps that you request before entering into a contract. For example, a sale or purchase invoice, workshop quotes or invoices, competitions
- Where we need to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject
- Where we need to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party
- We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests. We will make sure that your personal information and your rights with regard to that information are protected. For example, we may rely on this legal ground to provide you with information regarding our service and products, for research purposes, to manage and improve our relationship with you.
- In limited circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect someone’s safety or vital interests
Information Shared Publicly
We may share your comments and feedback regarding our services that are already publicly available, for example, on social media. With the exception of your feedback and comments, we do not share any of your personal information publicly
Our Website may also offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about Sixers Group, our website or our products and/or services available through it using third party social networking functionality (such as through “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
This functionality is provided in order to generate interest of our website, products and services to members of social networks. We allow you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about our website, products and service with your social network friends, followers and contacts. You should be aware that sharing information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right, in some circumstances, to object to our use of your personal information, to ask us to restrict or erase your personal information or to request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organisations.
If you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can change your preference or withdraw consent to how Sixers Group use your personal information. If you wish to do so, please contact us at the address below.
Isle of Wight
Or you can email
We will make every effort to respect your wishes, however, there maybe laws we are bound by that may prevent this.
If you make a request we will provide the information within 30 days unless it is a large amount of information and we need to spend time researching for it. If this is the case we will notify you of the delay. There is not normally a charge for requests, however, if a large amount of information is requested and it takes a long time we may charge a nominal fee for additional work.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, further details are available at https://ico.org.uk